Thursday, April 03, 2008

The Local Pizzerias Give Me a Discount...

I guess that means "I belong."

Life is good. The sun is shining and the past is all behind. The future is bright, and I'm feeling content.

Just a quick update because it's been ages since I've written.

Life changed alot since November 2007. It's a new beginning.

Work can be frustrating, but my co-workers are cool and the days pass quickly. Maria's fantastic. Despite working for the Dr. House of Attorneys (but worse) she manages to keep learning and moving forward. She's basically holding the studio together since Remo, the Sr. Attorney is in the late stages of his terminal cancer. That presents a significant challenge as he's basically the antithesis of Don Valencia when it comes to dying. He keeps asking "why me" and lashes out at the world for everything that isn't its fault. But enough about that.

Here's a photo of us at the Terme dei Papi, the thermal baths created for the Popes of times past, with our doctor friend Luigi (great Neapolitan guy).



I can't wait for the summer and days at the beach. I spend a lot of time these days whipping around the city in Maria's SMART car. It will be fun to take it down the coast to Amalfi, but I'm also excited for these next few days when the weather becomes nice enough to break out the motorino (scooter). Cruising by the Colosseum at night in the open air is something you shouldn't miss. Maria's brother took me to the Lazio/Inter soccer match on his motorino last weekend, and that guy drives like a banshee to a Jim Jones reunion. What a rush!

It makes me dream of the day when I can buy my Ducati Monster and cruise the hills of the Chianti region. (Sorry, Mom. I'll be careful, I promise!)

Still studying Italian - doing a lot more writing and translations, so I'm feeling pretty strong with the language. What a great feeling. I've gone from the awkwardness of struggling through a conversation on the phone with our apartment owners to laughing with them over cultural references. Laughter is what wanes when you're not at home, and you get sick when you don't get your medicine.

Love you guys! Miss you dearly. Please come visit. The weather's fine!


No comments: