Thursday, April 19, 2007

Appartamento

Okay, I finally managed to post some pictures of the (fairly) new apartment. Jaz was concerned that it was too girly, so you'll be happy to know that my flatmate and I already ripped the place apart, burning the paintings and plastic flowers. (Okay, so we put them in the closet.) A lot of the apartments in Rome are already furnished, and many of them look like antique kitsch museums. We figured if the worst thing we had to deal with was taking down hideous paintings and hiding the pink pillows we were doing okay. My room is still in disarray, so I'll post pictures of it when I get it sorted. Anyway, these will give you the main idea!


This first room WAS the living room, but we converted it into a bedroom.


Lauren, you'll be happy to know our entire kitchen (and practically our whole house) is IKEA.

Even the dishes...

Note the one of many bizzare art pieces on the left of the hallway.



The infamous (that's more than famous) bidet.

Um. Sink.

Room 2 of 3


The left view from my window. At the end is Piazza Fiume. 2 minutes on foot to my office!





The right view. One of five buses or 10 minutes on foot to Termini!


Views from our roof terrace









3 comments:

chris said...

Haha, gotta love IKEA!

Katie said...

And I thought I had a good view off my deck. So glad you found a place! Knowing that you live surrounded by that beauty makes my life just a little more depressing...

Anonymous said...

Surprise!!! Katie told me you were in Italy (I had no idea) and said I have to hook up with you when I'm there in June/July!! Jacob, I and a few other friends from LR are headed there and I would love to see you. Plus any inside scoop on the city/country would be great. Sounds like you're doing well. I'll keep in touch.