Friday, April 27, 2007

Jet-lagging

I showed up on my parents' doorstep the night before last, much to their surprise. My dad was in such a state of shock that I didn't know if he was going to open the door. Both my mom and dad just sort of stood there with mouths agape for about ten minutes. Mission accomplished.

I missed my flight out of Rome due to Metro delays. Sometimes trying to get there three hours doesn't work. I was scheduled to land at JFK, transfer to La Guardia, fly on to Chicago, and then head to Kansas City. Since I missed my first flight, they put me on another direct to Chicago. Sometimes it pays to procrastinate!

The next day I filed my visa papers with the Consulate and then travelled on to Denver, where I am now. Great gravy. Heck of a trip. I'm hyped up on espresso now though, so life is good. I'm here for the birthday of my beautiful niece, Jada, who turned four on Wednesday. My whole family is here, and it couldn't be more perfect. I can be reached at 913-634-2543 until Mayday, and 913-345-2685 thereafter.

Love you guys! Talk to you soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I was just in Denver weekend before last, we should have coordinated that better.
After Denver I swung up to Kalispell for a week. Check out the EG forum when you get a chance. Dr. C posted a lot.
Jared

arosmith (His Man) said...

We weren't sure it was you that dark Wednesday night! Thought it was just some bum looking for a place to crash for the night. It took a while to recognize you in those cheap Italian shirts and stuff! Hah!