Every Wednesday a group of friends and I get together to eat dinner and talk about different portions of the Bible. Today we were listing some of the things we were thankful for, and I realized that I have so much!
1) A fantastic apartment in the historical district of Rome. Finding one of these I can afford in itself is a miracle!
2) Work. Despite the fact that I'm not yet where I want to be from an occupational standpoint, I have several working options. Many of my friends have been searching for work for months. Unemployment is rampant here, so the opportunity to choose is a real blessing.
3) Anabella is amazing. She spent her entire day today helping me work on getting my work papers- talking with the immigration office (which is pure chaos), speaking with lawyers, and researching the government websites. She is so patient with me, and I couldn't ask for a caring person. She's incredible! I'm really lucky...
4) Great friends. Honestly, reliability is not one of the Italians' strong points. They mean well, but all is subject to change. I'm lucky that I've found several people that support me and always keep their word!
5) A supportive family. I know it's not ideal for my family for me to live in Italy, but they have always supported and encouraged me in this endeavor. I feel like they are just as excited as me that I have this opportunity, and it's great knowing they're behind me (even when it's hard).
6) A life that allows me to breathe. Living in a foreign country is a real challenge, but it's a challenge that's a pleasure to tackle. For every struggle and disappointment, there's a real sense that each moment is a gift. These adventures will last with me a lifetime, and no salary could change the joy I experience each day. Every time I get frustrated, I see something beautiful and remember how blessed I am to even be here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Your supportive family wants to hear from you!
Post a Comment