Well, God seems to be smiling on me so far. I was able to get the coveted 21B seat on the flight over to Dublin. This is the exit row seat that still reclines but sits behind one that doesn't. I passed out as soon as I got on the plane and slept until breadfast. It was great!
I had a six hour layover in Dublin, so I decided to swing by the Trinity University area for a pint of Guiness. I happened to notice on the walk to J. Grogan's that the Irish sip their Starbucks lattes the way we do. Scary.
I'm currently in Rome on some sort of messed up jetlag. I went to bed at about 10:30 pm and was wide awake at 4am. That's 9pm US time. I can't really figure that one out. Anyway, it gave me the chance to see the sun rise over Rome. One of the great things abut Rome is they light their monuments at night. In Florence, it would be easy to walk by a timeless piece of art in the dark. In Rome, everything retains its prestige when the lights go down. The Colosseum is beautiful at dawn.
My landlady is really sweet and really funny. We had a good laugh trying to figure out what the heck the other was saying. I think it's fantastic that she doesn't speak English. She will keep me on my toes.
Tonight I head to Berlin to celebrate my friend Stefanie's birthday. I tell you what - I am always excited about food, but I haven't been this excited for a particular meal in a loooong time. I can't wait for the doner kebab!
That's all for now. Theres a world out there to explore. I love you all and miss you already. Ciao!
-Michael
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment