But I'm having fun, and I haven't had time to write. A couple highlights before I head to Isola Elba to search for Napoleon's buried treasure...
(Did Napoleon have buried treasure???)
Went to Campo Leone and Nettuno with Aubrey Hoffman and kicked it on the beach, eating mozzarella di bufala and drinking Limoncello (good times). Met a great Italian expat working for the UN in New York as a translator.
Went to Rocella Jonica (the ball of the foot of the boot, in Calabria) to kick it on the beach for a week with friends from church.
Went to Sperlonga with friends for Ferragosto, another senseless Italian holiday to celebrate the middle day of August about which I will not complain. (In fact, I plan on making a Ferrsettembre holiday as well...)
Which brings us to the present. Going to Elba tonight to visit my friend Matt (the actor guy) at his family's summer home.
Anabella returns Sunday. Life is... good.
PS - Met some really cool Americans that live 10 minutes from me and work for Agape Italia, the Italian branch of Campus Crusade for Christ. We laughed a lot. I learned about grocery store feet and stole a nice pen from the one named Brian (by accident, of course).
A dopo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Dude- Your life is storybook.
I go to work at the hospital for 30 hours straight. Then I go to bed and sleep for 20 hours. Then I go back to the hospital.
But I love it. I know it's cheesy but when a patient says "Thank you doctor" or tells one of their visitors "That's MY doctor" it makes all the debt and sleep deprivation and missed family events and general getting shat on worth it.
Ok if I come visit next September?
Jared
Post a Comment