I just want to say thanks to everyone who's sent their thoughts and prayers. Everyone has been incredibly supportive, and it really does mean a lot. Even if I haven't responded to all of you, I really am grateful for your comments.
Every day is a little bit better. I think it's normal that when someone important to you dies, there is a flood of feelings, many irrational, that assault you from all sides. Feelings of regret, feelings that you need to do something to change the irreversible situation, feelings just wondering if she can see me/hear me now, hoping she can feel how much everyone here loves and misses her.
A part of me wants to escape. It's not easy seeing a bit of her in every part of the city. But I also know that we have to move forward - that honoring her doesn't mean living on in sadness. Being someone who likes to be active in resolving situations, however, it's difficult being powerless to control my feelings...
I don't know. I'm just rambling I guess. Everyone keeps asking how I'm doing, and I guess the answer is I'm moving forward. I still miss Ana, but it hurts less. I know that God is sovereign, so I have to trust and keep walking. Life has taken on some sort of normalcy, so I think that's positive.
That's all I've got for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You are on my mind every day Michael
Post a Comment