Thursday, November 09, 2006

Braindead

I don't know if that's supposed to be one word or two. I'm going to have to look it up before I explain to my students that it's what I am.

One of my classmates and I agreed today that defenestrate is the greatest word in the English language. It's like a story in a word. You'd have to be a German and tack fifteen words into one to find another word like that. (My sub-heading DOES say random, so I'm allowed to write things like this.)

But seriously, my classmates are fantastic, but I'm a little overwhelmed. This course is grueling! We laugh a lot though, so we're able to pass the time. I love bantering with the Brits as well ("Who's a Brit?!? There's no such thing as a Brit! We're English! Britain includes Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland, doesn't it?! So there's no such thing as a Brit!)

For those wondering about my classmate that was in The Passion: his name is Matteo Pedol. He was one of main the Roman centurians with speaking parts. My mom asked me how to recognize him, and that's not really an easy task. He just shaved his head, and I'm sure he was wearing some sort of helmet in the movie anyway. The sure-fire way to find him is to locate the first guy to speak Latin in the film (as opposed to Aramaic). You may have to brush up on your Latin to hear the difference.

I'm not sure what his role is in The Nativity, but I think he's a soldier again. Other than that, you might look for him in those Italian soap operas you watch every day. (He's a really great guy, by the way. Very nice. Very interesting - which generally applies to all my classmates.)

That's all for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for teaching me a new word during my blog time. I love dictionary.com.