That Loud Hum
That loud hum that your alarm clock makes when you plug it into your "universal outlet converter" - well that's bad. It means that the "converter" portion of your universal device is a misnomer and your alarm clock is about to explode.
Also, if you move to Italy, bring ice trays! You should probably bring a healthy dose of patience as well, because whatever it is, it isn't happening any time soon. It took two hours for me to get fries at the pub the other night. FRIES. TWO HOURS. Is that some sort of tasteless Irish joke?

2 comments:
Two things: I know how you feel as far as the alarm clock is concerned. It has been a circus here trying to get one that works well for us.
I think we're spoiled by American customer service. Everytime I am in Israel I am appalled by the lack of courtesy from people supposedly in the "service" industry.
Just be glad you're not in Africa. There's actually a term for it: CPT. AKA colored people time. CPT is the amalgamation of IST (India Standard Time), AT/AAT and ST (African Time, African-American Time and Spanish Time respectively.) Basically everyone who's not a WASP functions that way. But I have to say the Africans are the worst.
Post a Comment