Monday, November 06, 2006

Thought Menagerie

This is the third blog today. I haven't written much lately, so I'm getting caught up. There's more below if you're interested!

I realized as I was walking home that there are all sorts of gaps in my stories... all these thoughts running through my head.

I was in Florence this past weekend with Hannah. That girl is the mad-travelling genius. If you want stories, ask Hannah, cause she has them. She is to travelling what Jeannette is to boys. You're sure to be entertained.

We had a nice little scare at the train station. There was only one train leaving for Milan on Sunday, and Hannah had to be on it. The only problem was that the train was leaving in ten minutes and Hannah's backpack was a half-mile away at the hotel. Let's just say lugging a travellers pack on your back isn't the best way to run the half-mile. She made it though. It made for a strange goodbye. I seem to do that with girls in foreign countries.

My dad would love my landlady. She looks for any excuse to turn off excess lights. We usually stumble around in the dark after 6pm. I think the light in my room is a 10W bulb. I live in a dungeon... but it's cozy!

My entire home life is sort of a big comedy. She doesn't speak English. I don't speak Italian. We're having a conversation (I think) and she disappears in her room for an hour. Bizarre. Entertaining. I'm enjoying it.

1 comment:

Pda said...

Mr. Smith!

Well, good to see you're here on this side of the pond!!! If you ever do get a chance to come up to England, you've got at least 1 friend here. It'd be great to see you and I look forward to reading your blog! These crazy foreigners...I try to tell them the right way to do things(like driving on the right hand side of the road) but they never listen!
Take care bro!
Adelsman